Purpose: to help the student develop focus.
The student is expected to maintain focus directly forward. The idea is to focus so intently that they look through or past anything that gets in the way of them and their goal.
While in the attention stance the student may do 3 things:
Other Names: Closed Stance
A Good Attention Stance
- Feet are together
- Palms of the hands are open
- Palms are touching the sides of the legs
- Fingers pointing at the floor
- Back is straight
- Shoulders are pulled back, but relaxed
- Shoulders are stacked above the hips
- Gaze is directly forward