Why is Etiquette Important?
Studying the martial arts means that you’re studying violence. Violence is anything but polite. The danger of what’s being practiced requires respect, both for the subject matter as well as for training partners.
- When approaching the training area, bow before entering
- When leaving the training area, bow to the training area before leaving
- When given a command by an instructor respond with a firm “yes sir/ma’am”
- When receiving instruction stand in a ready stance while watching/listening to the instructor
- When practicing techniques with others adjust your level of execution to the comfort level of your partner